What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or other details as appropriate.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you make a purchase, register on our site, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, register, or respond to a survey or marketing communication in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
How do we protect visitor information?
We use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. and we have an SSL certificate.
Do we use “cookies”?
How does our site handle “do not track” signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking (e.g. AdSense and Facebook advertising).
What is your third party disclosure?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Do you use third party links?
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Specific Laws and Acts
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing or calling us.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 48 hours of the breach being discovered.
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to reply to your inquiries, send you information that you request and provide services that you order.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- Clearly publish our complete physical location address on all promotional emails and provide a way to unsubscribe from all future emails. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: Toby@GardeningByTheMoon.com
Wolf Hill Press, LLC
PO Box 766
Syracuse, NY 13205